The safety, health and welfare of our employees, colleagues and customers are constantly top of mind at Hatteras, especially during this unprecedented Coronavirus outbreak. Hatteras President, Bill Duerr, has made it a priority to keep everyone updated and to follow the recommendations of appropriate government and healthcare entities. Earlier this week, Bill sent this message to Hatteras clients to assure them of the precautionary procedures we’ve put in place to keep all employees safe while continuing to deliver exemplary service to our customers.
To Our Valued Customers,
I wanted to send you a note to let you know that the entire Hatteras team is thinking about you, your families, and your colleagues during this difficult and stressful time. During the evolving COVID-19 emergency, our top priority is the health and safety of the Hatteras extended family (our team and our customers). Our main goal is to keep our team safe, while continuing to provide world-class service to our customers.
We have taken many steps to help ensure the health and safety of our team while stabilizing our ability to conduct all necessary business operations:
- Monitoring, following, and communicating CDC guidelines
- Alternating work-from-home shifts with our front office staff
- Practicing social distancing within the workplace by moving all internal meetings to conference calls
- Implemented strict guidelines for our manufacturing staff to follow when on-site
- Implemented a 15-minute gap between our shift changes to allow for all work stations to be sanitized prior to the next shift entering the building
- Instituted a mandatory 14-day work-from-home policy for all employees who show symptoms of COVID-19, have come in contact with someone who shows symptoms, or decide to travel by plane
- Implemented a limited visitation policy for all non-essential visitors
- Communicating regularly with our employees to help keep them informed as the situation evolves
Additionally, we have been in close contact with Hatteras’ key suppliers to ensure our supply chain is uninterrupted, and have established back-up vendors to fulfill our customer commitments should we incur a significant business interruption.
We are doing our best to balance the safety of our team with the needs of our customers. We are proactively implementing new strategies on a daily basis to ensure we are proceeding with extreme caution while continuing to conduct our necessary business obligations.
If there is anything we can do to help during this period, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your support during this unprecedented time.